Friday 1 February 2008

Its been a good week

On Wednesday night I won $8000 dollars playing poker, although I blew $350 dollars of this when in a later game when one of the players went all in with (6)(7) so I went all in with (J) (A), I hit my (A) but he hit (7)(7) so this was a really bad beat. The best part is I checked my bank balance today and my winnings have been credited. My other half drives a little C3, so we are going to part exchange it tomorrow for a Golf Plus, the best bit is that I can tell people that my poker paid for the car :)

It also transpires that a chambers where I know one of the tenants are offering pupillage, so without further ado I made sure that my application and covering letter were sent pronto and duly received a call from the senior clerk to confirm that they had been received.

This time last year I felt really ground down, but so far I feel in pretty good shape and am ready for the battles that lay ahead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whooohoo! It HAS been a good week -A new car AND a pupillage application ( fingers crossed!!) ! You go, Mate!!!

Michael said...

Good to see you back, B2B. Best of luck with your fightback from adversity, though you seem to be in fine fighting spirit judging from your recent posts.