Wednesday 30 January 2008

My first steps of a new year


This week I am going back to basis and am going to perform the following:


1. Create a spreadsheet of all chambers that interest me.


2. Find out if any one who I studied with is at those chambers and get a heads up on the interview process etc.


3. Find out who looks after the I.T systems in those chambers. Is it a national company such as meridian law or a small local outfit? If its a small local outfit then I am going to find out who it is and see if chambers are happy with the service they are providing?


4. Send a CV to Meridian law offering my IT services on a imformal basis. Meridian law supply systems to a large number of chambers - I have Microsoft and Cisco Qualifications, if I can get a foot in here , this could be to my advantage.

5. Sign up with the Lincolns Inn Sponsership Scheme.
6. Arrange some marshalling at the TCC
One last thing before I sign off, as some of you may or may not be aware I adopted my daughter from China four years ago, she did not have a great start in life but she is now doing fine. However there are still lots of children who for various health reasons will never be adopted. I have decided to do a 10k run in April in order to raise some funds for Half the Sky (www.halfthesky.org), which is a charity devoted to educating and giving care to these children. I am in the process of setting up a page on justgiving.com and it would be most appricated if you could spare a couple of pounds for what is a really worthwhile cause.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your plan sounds wonderfully all to the good, B2B! Glad to hear your daughter is thriving and that you are doing something amazing to help Half The Sky - Will visit your donations page once its set up!!

The 50-Year-Old Pupil said...

Well, I made about 50 applications, got one interview (via OLPAS) which turned into a 2nd interview, an "unsuccessful" message from OLPAS, a phone call to say that they'd pressed the wrong OLPAS button, a place on the reserve list while somebody else took exactly 14 days not to accept their offer and a PUPILLAGE. Pretty well the only thing that we discussed in the two interviews was the "commitment issue". Take the training contract. If you are unwilling to relocate to London you and not sufficiently committed. My advice is that IT route is dangerous - they will see you as an IT professional and not as a lawyer. It's the sports psychology thing. You have to start to think and behave like a lawyer, not somebody who wants to be one. That's my advice for what it's worth. Good luck!