Wednesday 30 January 2008

I am back

I did say that my last post was going to be my last, but after my recent holidays. I have decided to fight another day. I am going to do everything I can to obtain pupillage, I will use every trick dirty or otherwise to reach this goal and will update this blog with my progress on a weekly basis. The road will be hard but I am going to give it another crack, finances withstanding.

During my last round of pupillage applications I was applying for criminal / family pupillages this time it’s going to be different. I am going to focus on computer and communication law, this is an area that I have a practical working knowledge of and I am going to use this to my advantage. I have also enrolled on a Masters degree at UCL to build on my legal knowledge in these areas.

However in life you do need a "plan b" and as you all know my plan b is the QLTT, which I am continuing.

I was offered a training contract at a Large London firm of solicitors (subject to passing the QLTT in March), I turned the offer down last Monday, as I just did not feel committed enough to relocate.

Upon reflection, I want to be a barrister and would rather not have to use by plan B unless all else fails.

Let the games begin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, B2B,

Talk about coming out swinging! You sound as if you are now fully in it to win it - and I have every confidence that you will be successful! Did the offer of a Traning Contract give you a good kick up the Ego?!?! Sometimes all it takes is just for someone to have a little faith in your abilities to get you going again. The Masters is an excellent idea as is going about the law in an area with which you are already familiar!
You GO, Mate!