Friday 14 March 2008

The QLTT revisited.

I attended Call at Lincolns Inn last night, as a very good friend of mine was getting called. During the final speech by the Treasurer, he said "pupillages are hard to find and the situation is getting worse but if you think outside the box and have determination you will suceed, he then mentioned becoming a Solicitor first, as this will make you attractive to chambers"

My good friend is doing the QLTT, she was speaking to Richard in the Records office of the BSB to request her certificate of good standing and was told by him that he is getting between 80-100 similar requests each month. Perhaps when I detailed this method on Simons Blog I should have cut a deal with one of the BPP providers to get some commission.

If anyone is considering doing the QLTT and has not yet registered, get in touch and lets see if we can negotiate some discount with some of the providers.

If anyone who reads this blog is doing the QLTT at the moment, let me know, as it may be worth while starting a private blog which contains hints, tips and job offerings.

11 comments:

Android said...

What is 'QLTT'?

Barrister 2 B said...

Sorry minx deleted your commend in error.

Please check the links on the main page for QLTT

Anonymous said...

No Worries,B2B.Where ARE you though?! You haven't posted in ages - should I be worried?!

Barrister 2 B said...

just swotting for the qltt.

Anonymous said...

OOOO -when does the exam come off?!?

Kris said...

thanks guys for sharing this info. Got my certificate of eligibility the other day. Brilliant.

Goose said...

Hi Barrister, you dropped me a comment on my blog 'parrswood poker'. You left me a proposition and claimed that I should drop you a mail, couldn't find an address so thought here was the best place to do so. Would be interested in discussing what you had in mind. Drop me a mail at wardinio@msn.com and let me know more about your proposition. Look forward to hearing from you mate.

Mr Pineapples said...

Becoming a solicitor first?

Oh Good Grief....

Saira said...

Hi,
This may be late, as I am just reading this, but I am currently signed up for QLTT...I can be reached at saira1214@hotmail.com if you wish to discuss anything further.

Saira

Unknown said...

Dear B2B,
I was called in 2006 and since then working in my home country(commonwealt).Now I would like to take the QLTT to qualify as a solicitor. A guy I know in UK last week told me that Barristers just need to pass one paper and that is it, they get practice certificate straight away. This seemed to good to be true. After looking at different sites, I am still a bit confused. Can you clarify the current status please? If it is feasible, I would opt for QLTT right away and I would also like to contribute to your blog regarding QLTT.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

I'm yet to apply to my attend a
school of law and I would like to eventually take the QLTT to become a solicitor. I have also been told barristers only need to pass one paper and they get practice certificate straight away. I am sceptical, and a little confused...