Thursday 5 July 2007

I am rested and feel slightly better.


After what has been a pretty crap 24 hours, I am rested and feel slightly better than I did during my last post. On the whole most days bring their own bit of goodness, however yesterday was just too much, it was not the fact that nicegirl got her pupillage, she really is a lovely person who does not have a bad word so say about anyone. I think what got to me was the fact she was in her very early 20's and I just started to think that the sands of time are doing me no favors and I felt like I was some type of fake, trying to convince oneself that I will succeed in a profession when the odds are clearly stacked against me. It went down hill from that point onward and I just sunk.

Today I will try to pick up the pieces and try to achieve my goals.

Thanks for all your kind words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you're feeling better B2B - you can't POSSIBLY loose the plot without me!!

Mr Pineapples said...

Well - I can imagine how you feel. But throw off despair and thoughts of doom and gloom. You must keep on trying. Get your CV sorted - focus on what you can do for a set of Chambers and mainline that into your application.

Have you got commercial skills? I imagine you have - if so - bring it out. Persuade...

Now is the time to dig deep; mental toughness and discipline is key. Dont dwell on the negatives but renew your mind with positives. It is amazing what effect this can have.