Wednesday 11 July 2007

Night Shi(f)t

I am on my 3rd day at work this week and my 1st night shift. If all goes to plan I am going to:

1. Complete my two non olpas applications
2. Complete my mini pupillage application
3. Check the lease for my new house purchase
4. Try to slink off and get at least 3 hours kip.

Today has been a good day on the whole; I went into University to pick up my BVC transcript, for those of you who have not read all of my musings I had to wait a year to resit criminal litigation due to personal circumstances. It felt good walking out of the BVC office knowing that I had passed. I also collected my daughter from school today (like i do most days when I am working nights) and her end of term report was really good, considering she had severe developmental delays due to her residing in an orphanage for the first 14 months of her life, I felt really proud of her as she has really come out of her shell this year. I could not resist posting her picture in this post.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Your shifts sound like murder. If my partner had to work those shifts I think life would be very different around my place.

Your daughter is adorable. How old is she now?

Barrister 2 B said...

The Little one is four. She is a very determined little girl, she is a little star.

Sherry said...

I was going to say she looked about 5 or 6 (going by the kids in our neighbourhood as I don't have any of my own) so obviously she's caught up in all respects.

Barrister 2 B said...

It sometimes feels she is going on 14!! Her energy has no limits.